TUESDAY, MARCH 18, 2014
Many of our clients have questions when it comes to adding or replacing a vehicle to their auto policy.
Here are a few tips to help you along the way:
1. Before you go out and buy that new car you have had your eye on, give us a call with the VIN # (vehicle identification number -approx 17 characters long for a newer car). We can plug that
into your policy and let you know the exact cost to insure your dream car
2. If you are replacing or adding a vehicle, remember that your current liability as well as your comprehensive and collision deductibles, follow the vehicle you replace. So for instance, if you
are replacing a vehicle on your policy that only has liability, but the car you are getting needs to have comprehensive and collision, your coverage might not be
adequate. You can call us prior to your purchase so we can make sure we have the right coverage for you.
3. If you are wanting to take the old car off your policy, please make sure the plate was either transferred or turned in. The state requires the plate to be turned in, before the insurance is
4. If you are financing a new vehicle, we will need the finance company's name & address
5. LAST BUT NOT LEAST - Always remember, it is ultimately your responsibility to notify us on any auto change - not the dealership
We hope these tips help and please give us a call before you make your next car purchase